Juicing Raspberry and Elderberry – a how to juice recipe guide.
This is a how to guide on juicing Raspberry and Elderberry into a delicious juice recipe. Fruit juice is a exciting, tasty, simple and fast way to boost your immune system, as it provides antioxidants and other nutrients which help maintain a strong and healthy immunological defense perimeter. Here is an exciting recipe which is not only super-healthy, but also super-tasty: Juicing Raspberry and Elderberry!
Everything you need to make the following recipe – juicing Raspberry and Elderberry – is fresh ingredients and a blender / or a juice press.
It does not really matter if you use a blender or a juice press for mixing the fruits / or vegetables; the result will be a super-healthy mix which covers a large proportion of the recommended “5 a-day” fruit and vegetable wise. The juice provides essential vitamins, flavonoids and other essential nutrients which help maintain a healthy lifestyle and also in some cases help inhibit cardiovascular disease. In a study by Aviram et al (2002) they found an inverse relationship between the intake of dietary nutrients rich in polyphenols and cardiovascular diseases. They also found that Pomegranate juice flavonoids inhibit low-density lipoprotein oxidation; which is the bad type of lipoprotein (lipids / fat).
Juicing Raspberry and Elderberry juice
Yes, I did it… I added more of a smoothie type recipe in amongst the juice recipes, please forgive me. The thing was that it was just too tasty to leave out in the cold. Please note this recipe is for 4 persons and not just 1 like the others; the more the merrier, right?
- Serving: 4 persons
You will need:
Breville Compact Juicer: The design of this thing is absolutely first rate. Even down to the plug, which has a moulded loop so that it is easy to unplug and plug in! No tool is required to remove the basket, as in most other juicers. Breville uses a combo of ingenious design and magnets to hold it in place. Ease of use, fit and finish is perfect. CLICK IMAGE OR LINK to learn more.
- 400 g raspberry / elderberry mix
- 4 dl yoghurt (0,1% fat)
- 1 dl semi-skimmed milk (may be replaced with skimmed milk)
- 4 table spoons of mascarpone
- 1 dl aronia squash
- 4 table spoons of black elderberry squash
- 1 vanilla stalk
- 1 tea spoon of honey (optional)
How to make it:
- Blend / mix frozen or fresh raspberries with the yoghurt, milk, mascarpone, concentrated aronia- and black elderberry squash, and the seeds from the vanilla stalk. This smoothie tastes incredibly fresh and has an invigorating flavor. However, if you want to sweeten it up a little bit, I suggest adding a tea spoon of honey.Tip:For smoothies, it is sometimes best to use frozen berries. This way you will not have to add ice cubes to get it really cold. I also know that aronia squash can be very hard to get hold of, so this can be replaced with for example blueberry squash or newly pressed red grapefruit juice.
Juicing Raspberry and Elderberry is healthy because:
- The raspberries and elderberries provide vitamins and flavonoids essential to maintain a healthy immune system.
Other EXCITING juice recipes:
- Juicing Carrot and Ginger – Juice recipe
- Juicing Citrus and Chili – Juice recipe
- Juicing Grape and Cranberry – Juice recipe
- Juicing Orange and Avocado – Juice recipe
- Juicing Pea and Basil – Juice recipe
- Juicing Pomegranate and Mint – Juice recipe
- Juicing Raspberry and Elderberry – Juice recipe
- Juicing Rosehip and Green Tea – Juice recipe
- Juicing Tomato and Tabasco – Juice recipe
Article: Juicing Raspberry and Elderberry – a how to juice recipe guide.
By: Alexander Van Dorph, author of Cognitive Disturbance
Comments or suggestions? Say HI in the FORUM! 😀