Juicing Pomegranate and Mint – a how to juice recipe guide.
This is a how to guide on juicing Pomegranate and Mint into a delicious juice recipe. Fruit juice is a exciting, tasty, simple and fast way to boost your immune system, as it provides antioxidants and other nutrients which help maintain a strong and healthy immunological defense perimeter. Here is an exciting recipe which is not only super-healthy, but also super-tasty: Juicing Pomegranate and Mint!
Everything you need to make the following recipe – juicing Pomegranate and Mint – is fresh ingredients and a blender / or a juice press.
It does not really matter if you use a blender or a juice press for mixing the fruits / or vegetables; the result will be a super-healthy mix which covers a large proportion of the recommended “5 a-day” fruit and vegetable wise. The juice provides essential vitamins, flavonoids and other essential nutrients which help maintain a healthy lifestyle and also in some cases help inhibit cardiovascular disease. In a study by Aviram et al (2002) they found an inverse relationship between the intake of dietary nutrients rich in polyphenols and cardiovascular diseases. They also found that Pomegranate juice flavonoids inhibit low-density lipoprotein oxidation; which is the bad type of lipoprotein (lipids / fat).
Juicing: Pomegranate and Mint juice
A really tasty, fresh juice which ensures you maintain hydrated and also get heaps of vitamins and minerals.
- Serving: 1 person
You will need:
Breville Compact Juicer: The design of this thing is absolutely first rate. Even down to the plug, which has a moulded loop so that it is easy to unplug and plug in! No tool is required to remove the basket, as in most other juicers. Breville uses a combo of ingenious design and magnets to hold it in place. Ease of use, fit and finish is perfect. CLICK IMAGE OR LINK to learn more.
- 1 Pomegranate
- 50 g Mango
- 2 Mint stalks
- Ice-cubes (optional)
How to make it:
- Peel the pomegranate and remove the seeds, you do not have to do this, but it will provide a better consistency when drinking it. Peel the mango, and put both mango and pomegranate in the blender / juice press. Pour the juice in a large glass and add the mint and pomegranate seeds on top for decorating purposes.
Juicing Pomegranate and Mint is healthy because:
- As mentioned earlier it has been shown that pomegranate juice flavonoids inhibit low-density lipoprotein oxidation; meaning that it aids in preventing atherosclerosis (cholesterol plaque in the arteries) and other problems which might have a detrimental effect on cardiovascular function. It also contains lots of different vitamins, especially vitamin C and beta-carotene, which all have beneficial effects on the body’s health state. It also contains folic acid, which is essential to produce healthy red blood cells and prevent anemia (lack of haemoglobin).
Other EXCITING juice recipes:
- Juicing Carrot and Ginger – Juice recipe
- Juicing Citrus and Chili – Juice recipe
- Juicing Grape and Cranberry – Juice recipe
- Juicing Orange and Avocado – Juice recipe
- Juicing Pea and Basil – Juice recipe
- Juicing Pomegranate and Mint – Juice recipe
- Juicing Raspberry and Elderberry – Juice recipe
- Juicing Rosehip and Green Tea – Juice recipe
- Juicing Tomato and Tabasco – Juice recipe
Article: Juicing Pomegranate and Mint – a how to juice recipe guide.
By: Alexander Van Dorph, author of Cognitive Disturbance
Comments or suggestions? Say HI in the FORUM! 😀