Juicing Pea and Basil – a how to juice recipe guide.
This is a how to guide on juicing Pea and Basil together into a delicious juice recipe. Fruit juice is a exciting, tasty, simple and fast way to boost your immune system, as it provides antioxidants and other nutrients which help maintain a strong and healthy immunological defense perimeter. Here is an exciting recipe which is not only super-healthy, but also super-tasty: Juicing Pea and Basil!
Everything you need to make the following recipe – juicing Pea and Basil – is fresh ingredients and a blender / or a juice press.
It does not really matter if you use a blender or a juice press for mixing the fruits / or vegetables; the result will be a super-healthy mix which covers a large proportion of the recommended “5 a-day” fruit and vegetable wise. The juice provides essential vitamins, flavonoids and other essential nutrients which help maintain a healthy lifestyle and also in some cases help inhibit cardiovascular disease. In a study by Aviram et al (2002) they found an inverse relationship between the intake of dietary nutrients rich in polyphenols and cardiovascular diseases. They also found that Pomegranate juice flavonoids inhibit low-density lipoprotein oxidation; which is the bad type of lipoprotein (lipids / fat).
Juicing Pea and Basil juice
You probably wrinkled your nose a bit in surprise when you read the name of this one (or maybe you just adjusted your monocle a tad bit…); but the truth is this is a healthy juice blend, which strengthens the heart and does wonders for the digestion process.
- Serving: 1 person
You will need:
Breville Compact Juicer: The design of this thing is absolutely first rate. Even down to the plug, which has a moulded loop so that it is easy to unplug and plug in! No tool is required to remove the basket, as in most other juicers. Breville uses a combo of ingenious design and magnets to hold it in place. Ease of use, fit and finish is perfect. CLICK IMAGE OR LINK to learn more.
- 100 g peas or sweet peas
- 2 stalks of celery leaves
- 2 tomatoes
- ½ – 1 garlic clove
- 10 basil leaves
- 1 tea spoon of extra virgin olive oil
How to make it:
- First of all, rinse the vegetables and then add peas, celery leaves and tomatoes into the blender / juice press. Squeeze garlic with basil and olive oil separately. Pour the juice into a glass, and mix in the garlic-basil oil mixture. Add ice cubes (optional).
Juicing Pea and Basil is healthy because:
- This juice mix is full of digestion friendly fiber, which helps prevent cardiovascular disease and constipation. It also contains a high amount of iron, which is very important in the production of healthy red blood cells. As an additional bonus it also contains about 76 mg of vitamin C, which as mentioned earlier, is essential for a healthy immune system.
Other EXCITING juice recipes:
- Juicing Carrot and Ginger – Juice recipe
- Juicing Citrus and Chili – Juice recipe
- Juicing Grape and Cranberry – Juice recipe
- Juicing Orange and Avocado – Juice recipe
- Juicing Pea and Basil – Juice recipe
- Juicing Pomegranate and Mint – Juice recipe
- Juicing Raspberry and Elderberry – Juice recipe
- Juicing Rosehip and Green Tea – Juice recipe
- Juicing Tomato and Tabasco – Juice recipe
Article: Juicing Pea and Basil – a how to juice recipe guide.
By: Alexander Van Dorph, author of Cognitive Disturbance
Comments or suggestions? Say HI in the FORUM! 😀