Casio G-Shock Surfing Watch – Review.
Looking for a great watch to bring along for surfing? The Casio G-Shock holds a special esteem amongst surfers and divers, mainly for its durability and ultimate water resistance, but also due to its low-profile modern design. It is not only a surfing watch, but also a diving watch, meaning it can hold ground until you are about 200 meters deep (which we recommend avoiding).
It is perfect for those who need a tough watch in the water. The G-Shock GLX5600 has advanced features you would normally find on more expensive watches and brands, plus it looks and functions great. For a surfer, the moon and tide functions will come in handy, as you are able to predict when the surf will be at its best.
- Thinner – This version of the G-Shock is a bit thinner than the original, meaning that it is less likely to get caught in your wetsuit or similar.
- Lighter weight – You just might forget that you are wearing it…
- Tougher band – The watch strap is of a slightly more durable material, and thicker compared to many of the other G-Shock models.
- Easy to read display – The LCD screen is crisp and clear, ensuring that time doesn’t get away from you while you are out surfing or diving.
- Great quality – The case screws are top quality and the back is machine-washed.
- Improved button function – The buttons function great, and don’t switch too easily.
- Regular CR2025 battery – These have a lifetime of 3-5 years (may vary).
- Looks good – The sleek design looks good, but in a low-profile manner.
- Water resistant down to 200 m
- Moon and tide function
- Tough – Can handle shocks, cold temperature and water
- Was going to say price, but when you realize that it is a good quality dive and surfing watch, it seems to be well worth the money.
– More information and customer reviews available HERE via Amazon.
Casio G-Shock GLX5600 – images: